Last post on Dec 03, 2011 at 11:40 AM
You are in the Mitsubishi Diamante
What is this discussion about?
Mitsubishi Diamante, Sedan
#1391 of 1497 1995 DOHC Diamante LS Auto Transmission...PLEASE HELP!
Jun 17, 2006 (4:10 pm)
Anybody else have a similar situation? If so Please help! 1995 Diamante LS DOHC 3.0 Liter 134,xxx Miles. When I got this car It was running kinda poor like a cyclinder wasnt firing, which after further investigation I found the #1 Plug and wire were completely disconnect from one another. Dont know how long previous owner was driving like this but changed all Front plugs (I am getting to the back ones once Intake Plenum gaskets come in, what a Pain!!) and throughly cleaned the TB and car was running Excellent! For about 2 weeks, alittle over 1000 miles since bought the trans slipped one time going from 3 to 4 (Overdrive on and power AT mode off, normal driving) So I take it to Jiffy Lube for a transmission Purge ($99.99) and the Kid at the place had a really hard time getting the system to pressurize and "purge" in fact he ended up "purging and filling" twice to get it right. The trans fluid that came out was dirty and very dark but not quite black. He fills the pan back up with their Magic ATF hose Fluid and adds a bottle of additive. I pay and drive away. 50 miles later the trans starts slipping while in regular driving (Again overdrive on & AT power mode off) Its slipping trying to go into 4 and just feels like it jumps to neutral when braking then fixes itself and slams back into a low gear. The car eventually went into 3rd and remained there, some safety feature according to manaul. Anyways I dump approx 3-4 onces of Lucas Trans additive in it and she goes back to changing gears but continuing to slip. Now I took it back to Jiffy lube today they look at it and tell me that it's not the service they did but the mitsubishi transmission is a piece of sh*t (The manager actually said this to me) He tells me to take it to a specialist and let him know what they say....not much help this guy. Now I figured out if I Take the overdrive off and drive the transmission does not slip at all and shifts perfectly through L - 3rd of course limiting my speeds though to around 60-70mph w/ rpms nearing 5000. As soon as overdrive is put back on ....vrooooooommmmm slips right into a nuetral position and does not catch back into gear until rpms and speed drops....I am so sorry for the long story guys ANY ADVICE OR TIPS would be so appreciated. THANKS! Billy
Jun 20, 2006 (1:29 am)
I am the proud owner of a 00 D and I love my car. It was used when I got it but even so I have had nothin but good times. for all those looking for a code to the stock infinity mine was 3390 try it. I recently hd some friends install a better system in my car in doing so somehow my dash lights got messed up and I cant see my mph or my odomiter even during the day. all the "dummy" lights work low fuel blinkers seatbelt ect. but nothin else Ive checked the fuses and the wires I need to trade my girl in for a new loan but cant cuz they would have to list it as true milage unknown drops the value.. any Ideas.. ps mine didnt come with a manuel nor have I needed one until now .. can someone please help Im desperate...
#1393 of 1497 Re: VTEC link [boscolau]
Jun 23, 2006 (3:27 pm)
I'm confused. Why are we discussing Honda VTEC in Mitsubishi Forum?
#1394 of 1497 Alarm Locking Ignition/Starter
Jun 23, 2006 (3:33 pm)
Please help? Ms Molly Diamante won't start. She's a '93 with DOHC V6 just like many 92-95 Diamantes and 3000 GT's. We made her battery go dead. We had her battery tested and charged. It's ok. Everything works, lights, radio, etc. However, when we turn her key. She clicks once and doesn't even try to turn over. She ran just fine before we ran the battery down. We have activated, set off, and de-activated her alarm. She still won't start. Please anyone? Can you please tell us how to get her started? Do we need to pull a plug or press a button to reset her ignition from being locked by the alarm?
#1397 of 1497 just a quick housekeeping detail ...
Jun 30, 2006 (11:24 am)
We ask that email addresses not be posted and we remove posts that contain them. If you want someone to have your email address just make it public in your profile.
But please remember that we are an online community and as such we want the conversations to take place here on the boards for everyone's benefit.
#1399 of 1497 My 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante LS
Jun 30, 2006 (12:24 pm)
Information on my car:
Model:1997 Mitsubishi Diamante LS
Exterior:Versailles Green Metallic
Interior: Tan Leather
Mileage: 67,000 miles
I just bought my car in March of 2006. I am pretty sure I got a very good deal. You should have seen the bare bone cars I could get for around $7,000. This car came with leather, power windows, power door locks, power moonroof, power seats with memory, power and heated mirrors, power antenna, 6 speaker CD player with 10-disk CD changer in the trunk, 16" alloys with newer tires, fog lights, and most importantly a V-6. This was a big step up from my last car being a 1992 Geo Storm with manual everything.
Pro's-performance, handling, amount of features for your money, depreciation-good in my case because I got the car a 1/4 price of when it was new, the stereo, interior room, pretty much everything.
Con's-gas mileage, brakes, wind-noise from sunroof,
1. Do you really need to use premium gas or is this just for optimal performance? Will using regular do any harm to the engine?
2. Since my car has 69,000 miles currently, should I look into getting a Timing belt? If so, what should I expect to pay for parts and labor, so that I do not get swindled?
3. I know about the infamous heater core problems with this car, but I have noticed since day one the driver's side front window fogs up very easily. But for what I have seen, people say that their passenger side window will fog up because that is the side with the heater core. Does anyone else have this problem with their driver's side window, is this normal??
4. No matter how I drive or where I drive, I consistently get 18-19 MPG and I know they are supposed to get 18 to 26 MPG. Is there any tricks of the trade to get my gas mileage up? The air filter is like brand new, use gas treatments, and just got an oil change.
5. I did notice a place for speakers on the dashboard. Has anyone found out if there is speaker wire there to hook up my own speakers?
6. I too, have that same brake noise. When I bought the car, I had the dealership machine the rotors and check the brakes. When I am doing regular slow stops there is absolutely no noise. But when you really press down or are braking while going downhill, I hear the unpleasant grinding noise. Is there any antidote for this?
7. With the heated mirrors. I put snow directly on them and they did nothing, they were not even warm. Is this just a defroster for condensation or what?
If you have any suggestions, feel free to reply.
#1400 of 1497 Re: 1995 DOHC Diamante LS Auto Transmission...PLEASE HELP! [wniepmann]
Jul 06, 2006 (3:38 pm)
hi. I'm having a similar problem, except it was precision tune. They put dextron III, in my car at trans flush, and won't fix it because they gave my money back, due to them continuing to put improper fluid levels. I now have no 2nd or 4th gear. If you check the specs in your manual, you will see that you cannot add additive, and that you have to use only the fluids specified for your car. I recommend having your trans flushed with the right fluids.