Last post on Jan 03, 2012 at 1:47 PM
You are in the Subaru Crew
What is this discussion about?
Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback, Subaru, Subaru Legacy, Subaru Baja, Subaru Forester
Your Community Leaders are ateixeira and rsholland.
#3923 of 5351 interior trim kit for 2003 Foresters
Jul 18, 2003 (9:00 am)
Thank you for the answers on the trim kit. I checked a number of sites, including the one qbrozen suggested. I found out most of these sites are distributors for the same manufacturer. That particular manufacturer does not have a kit for 2003 Foresters "yet". I found an actual manufacturer though that does. AccuLaser at (508) 674-1294. They have a website but are in the process of switching to a newly designed site so some of the product links won't work until next week. I spoke with the salesman on the phone and he was very helpful. I emailed him and he called me back within one minute! He also said they are contracted by Subaru to make dash kits for Subarus. They did some for a show in Boston recently and put some on Foresters and Bajas. He sent me some photos of their kits already on my car. I have to wait to get home to see the photo though because our IT unit at work blocks all images. They will make me a kit in any of the materials they stock but he said the carbon fiber looks awesome. The total cost will be around $128.00.
I'll let you all know how it turns out and post pics if/when I get it installed. This is exactly what I am looking for though.
Jul 18, 2003 (9:19 am)
looking at your front end though, I'm sure some understeer is coming from all the body roll.
Jul 18, 2003 (10:06 am)
Those pics are pre-spring and strut install. I'll show you some pics after the 27th when we run it for the first time with the complete suspension.
Jul 18, 2003 (10:32 am)
Cool Rebecca. Others have commented about the durability of the silver finish, so when you get it be sure to mention it in the Forester thread.
Jul 18, 2003 (10:51 am)
oh yeah, tire sizes.
if you want really big meats and you are going to be lowering the car a lot, to me the obvious choice is 225/50-15. (yep, 15.) on those WRX wheels I'd stick to 205/55-16, 225/50-16 (with some light fender mods, probably) and as a last resort the miata-sized 205/45-16. your 4EAT might work good with a tire that short for autocross, but it's too short for track use I bet.
#3928 of 5351 hmm interesting
Jul 18, 2003 (11:09 am)
I think with the WRX Rotors/Calipers I might have to stick with 16" rims?
Fenders? There is always the sawzall
Jul 18, 2003 (11:28 am)
Yes, I believe so. Even the Forester's brakes now do not fit inside 15" rims ('03+).
You'll probably have to stick with 16s.
#3930 of 5351 Colin- motor swap
Jul 20, 2003 (9:11 am)
Oh, man, there is someone less than an hour away selling an ej22t shortblock- new, in SOA crate. Obviously I already have the 2.5 top end, but then I'd need the turbo, IC, crossmember, ECU, wiring....oh and someplace to do the work! lol.
Ugh. I just have a feeling the new leg turbo is going to be outside my budget, and I am alsco certain these ol' HGs are going to go sooner or later. Overall the car is in good shape and pretty god candidate for later-in-life swappage.
Jul 20, 2003 (9:52 pm)
Drop me an e-mail about engine options etc...
Jul 21, 2003 (6:59 am)
You're such a pessimist.
Who knows, your gaskets have lasted this long despite hard use. What was it, 8% failure rate, something like that? Yours may fall into the other 92%.