Last post on Jan 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM
You are in the Volvo C70
What is this discussion about?
Volvo C70, Coupe
#1 of 1649 Rnold
Feb 08, 1999 (12:26 am)
I have been following the various topics on the
Volvo C70 in the dearly departed "Coupes" section.
I would like to reopen these discussions. Has
anyone test driven the 1999 low pressure C70?
#2 of 1649 Awww....
Feb 09, 1999 (1:14 am)
...are we upset that our little Swedish company got bought out?
Feb 09, 1999 (4:05 pm)
the 1999 C70 is available at dealers in both HT and LT. The dealer in my neighborhood has both, but I did not drive the LT.
#4 of 1649 Mr_Shiftright
by Mr_Shiftright HOST
Feb 09, 1999 (6:41 pm)
Okay, I'll find that C70 topic for you that was frozen and post a link to it here, so you can review the old posts. Give me a minute or two, power's out in my area.
Anyone can start a new topic. Just click on "new topic" at the top of this page. Create a descriptive and readable header and then go down to the text box for the main body of your post. Easy.
Feb 10, 1999 (12:30 am)
Yhanks Mr. Shifright, jsut started 2 new topics at the copue place, it the last 2.
Feb 10, 1999 (12:41 am)
Just read in "Road and Track" about sport sedans. I made a topic too. Anyway, is it possible to supercharge the C70 for better performance or should I keep it as oringinal as possible, I paln to keep in for about 20 or 30 or hell my whole life. Should I make it more unique or leave it alone? Thanks
#7 of 1649 ruski
Feb 10, 1999 (4:06 pm)
If it can handle the supercharger...
You might shorten its life.
#8 of 1649 dl7265
Feb 10, 1999 (11:32 pm)
just recived info on euro delivery.can get the c70 at what would be cost, plus free airlines tickets and nites hotel.
fastline can u be more specific about "junk" or potential problems with the c70.....thx
Feb 10, 1999 (11:55 pm)
Please don't let me scare you about the C70 being junk. I'm just saying that no cars is perfect and some car company(even ROLLS) will built a few cars that just don't come out right.
When I mean junk, I ment that the car was a waste(which means 2 people I heard had similar problems, thay are vibrations, loose moldings, broken interior parts, engine problems, computer malfunction and others. What I see is a 2% chance that you will get a lemon C70 versus 98% chance that youl will get a great car. I think that is very low and you shouldn't worry because Volvo hasn't built a coupe since the 80s and the 60s. The first C70 productions(early 98 to may 98) are the ones that I heard have problems. I just heard positives from then and all but 2 I've meet LOVE their car. I have an 88 Volvo wagon 740 GLE, RUNS PERFECT. I trust Volvo and if you do get a crapper, Volvo North America will buy the car back or give you a new one with = value.
E-mail me at bobert486hotmail.com for ANY question about Volvo, Japanese VS America VS European, safty, quality and on.........
#10 of 1649 omar2
Feb 11, 1999 (12:03 am)
I'm no mechanical genius, and this question will probably prove that---can you add a supercharger to a turbocharged engine as you said you wanted to do in post 6?